Thee Adventure of Gold Mungering Sasha!
Above here ^^^ is a picture of where my mind compiled the clues to venture.
What led me to the Vermejo River you ask?
It is one of the few rivers that cross into New Mexico from Colorado.
Fenn had stated that he couldn't rule out Colorado, and there was a photo of him taken close to the treasure that was clearly New Mexico landscape... as above.
I had originally believed it was in the Vermejo Park Ranch east of Raton, since it is renowened for it's monster sized Brown Trout, that live under the parks made dam.
Also, the river follows down the York Canyon.
Another thing interesting about the Vermejo is that in itself it means "Red" and it also had a creek that extends into it called the Caliente Creek.
The river eventually fades to a dry creek bed near highway 64 by a railroad track "Heavy loads," and near an interesting grave yard and small ghost town.
Realizing this area was not the place, I invested time looking in the town of Cimmaron for small trails near the area.
I have come to look at the town of Tao which is also north of Santa Fe, and has hotsprings.
The mountain above this town also has a flow called the Red River which is also known for Brown Trout.
I have invested time in another idea to the meaning of Brown instead of fish... what if Fenn is a using the term Brown as a racial slurr of the Pueblo Indians, who have a reservation North of Santa Fe?
I did indeed find a site called the Brown Story Tellers and it was referring to the Peublos.
I have some more research to do, and the time left to find the treasure first is drawing ever nigh!

No comments:
Post a Comment