Wednesday, September 1, 2021

She chewed on her nail. 

She bit her lip. 

She couldn't decide to stand, or sit. 


She breathed a sigh, and blinked her eyes.

From her tongue, she spelled a lie.


'My dearest love, I am so true, I would never do anything to hurt you. Hear these words, that I speak, for without your love, I am so weak. Believe me dear when I cry, that my heart is yours, till I die."

She crossed her fingers, and held a breath.

She looked into his eyes to see if he bought the myth.


He looked down at her, and she at him.

He glanced behind her and got a whim. 

She stood her back to a mirror, so her fingers crossed was clear. 

He saw this sight, sad it was true, that it would never be just them two. 


Behind his back there was no reflection, however sinister, he held a knife with dark intention.


"My dearest one, how I love you too. I am so glad, it's just me, and you. I will love you until the last breath you take, however death may come and judge your fate."


He drew his knife and grabbed her quickly; turned her to the mirror, to see what no longer would be.

Her eyes were wide, terror had struck them. 

As he slide the metal to her throat she mouthed she had one upped him.

 

From her hip she pulled her blade; stuck it to his gut and asked for a trade.

Her life for his, his life for hers, they locked each other eyes, through the mirrors curve.

They would leave together as husband and wife, or die together be each others knife.


He bit his lip. 

He swayed his weight. 

He was so proud to call her, his mate. 



No comments:

 "Oh my god, Sasha!" She stated in excitement. Relieved at her current state, I breathed an exhale and exchanged her the flowers w...