Mood: appalled
A free gym pass for a friend should be just that... FREE. I, having a membership invited my room-mate Jennie to come jam out with me at MidTown Fitness.
One problem stood in the way.
Apparently you cannot bring the same friend twice with a pass.
This is horrible bullshit.
So here is where the title of this post comes into play.
We told the gym people that yes, Jennie had once came to the gym... this statement of honesty did not please the gym attendant. We could have lied... then at this very moment we could be working off our fat little asses. Why would she care anyway? Do people need to go out of their way now-adays to ruin others?
Moving on.
We get home and think to ourselves, "If we cannot work out... lets eat!" We skedaddled over to the fridge and with no surprise found no food.
Hmm....
The cartoon of OLD MOTHER HUBBARD sprinted through my mind.
Now to those out there that find shame in going to a food shelf when you're hungry...
GET THE FUCK OVER IT!
We stood in line with a cart and hungry mouths. When the question was asked, "Are you starving and have no food at home?" I thought back into my brain to an earlier time... this morning. What did I get for telling the truth? I obviously wasn't rewarded... and so like Pavlov's theory on conditioning, I realized that the answer here was to lie. "Yes Ma'ma," I spit out quickly, finding it comical that Jennie had came to the same conclusion; us both stating yes in unison.
Reward for lieing? Food. Reward for telling the truth today? Wasted gas.
Point of the story? Lieing sadly gets you more lee-way these days.
A little side note:
...foodshelf...get the fuck over it...
If there is a book written out there on how to get something for nothing, a food shelf would definitely be the number one bullet point. People con all the time and have no shame... they get free dinners and such... WHY NOT YOU! Is what I have to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment